cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your 'no scan options' advice does not work

I have a Photosmart 2575 All-in-one and like one of the people below, I too get a "No Scan Options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot" message when trying to scan. My computer used to scan and all of a sudden it doesn't. Your instructions to a previous customer was to use a "scan diagnostic utility" - well, that is a joke. I tried downloading that from your site and I got something in Chinese. The prompts do not lead to anything helpful which is why I am back here asking the same question. Trying to download new drivers or whatever - the HP site is pretty unclear as to how to do so. I use Windows XP.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
657 636 44 135
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your 'no scan options' advice does not work

Try this route?  This page does reference the diagnistic utility.  You can bypass it if you want and go to the manual instructions.  You might give the utility another try using the links from the page.  I just tested the link and got an English version of the utility.  That utility isn't a magic bullet, but can be very helpful in some situations.     

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation