cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
stephinola Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

adf separator pad

Officejet 6700 Premium
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

The small rubber pad on the ADF has fallen off.  The pad doesn't appear damanged; but I can't reattach it, and without the pad, no feed.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,405 2,120 146 291
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

adf separator pad

Hey @stephinola

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're having a hardware issue with your HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to advise you on this.  

I had a look at HP PartSurfer to see if it would be possible to order a replacement ADF for your 6700. You can click here to review the full list of replacement parts - the ADF is not one of them. If you like, you can pursue the official servicing options, in which case,  I recommend you reach out to our tech support team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Once you fill out the online form to create your case you can choose from different direct contact methods.

Alternatively, if you're feeling more gung ho about keeping the 6700 in service a little longer, you could try a D.I.Y. ADF repair. Seek out a brand of crazy glue that would work with the materials in your printer and try gluing the pad back on the ADF. If you can live without the ADF, you should still be able to scan from the flatbed glass. 

Let me know if this helps. Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum. 

Best of luck, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation