cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
beartenor1
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

after installing 8500-a909n the printer worked wireless for several months then quit ?

Wireless worked for couple of months after installing replacement printer then it stipped working but still works with the USB. Phone tech support could not get it to work either. What to do?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

after installing 8500-a909n the printer worked wireless for several months then quit ?

What changed before it stopped working (software installed\updated, router changed, computers\phones\tablets added to network, etc)?

Are you able to ping the printer?  Can any computers ping the printer?

What is the IP address of the printer and the computer?

Does the hardware still work (try a copy)?

repolyoman
Level 2
11 11 0 4
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i agree with jansbob... please give more info about your current situation... keep us posted.. cheers!!

beartenor1
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THanks guys I was able to fix it. After running trouble shooter a couple of times and getting the default stamp on the correct choice it started working like it should. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
wreckerzac
Level 3
25 22 3 7
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

good.. issue resolve then. 🙂

don't forget to click the star 🙂
beartenor1
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nothing had changed that I've been told. The printer was a replacement for one that wouldn't connect at all then the India tech team talked my client through cannecting it then a couple of months later it quit responding wirelessly but worked fine when the USB was connected. I was able to fix it by running through the troubleshooter a couple of times and selecting the fix to choose default printer to the correct choice instead of the fax machine. I chose HP officejet (network). Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation