Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP designjet t790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, my designjet t90ps has been hooked up to my PC via a usb cable for years- now all of a sudden it is in an "errror state" and unless I cat5 it up to my router  to use it via the internet( router is in another room and this is what I am doing now so I can use it but is not feasable in the long term) it doesn't work.  Checked the cables and the plotter works fine just not findable from any computer it is attached to- yes I have tried laptop and other pc. I can also pdf to usb and print this way but as we are an architectural firm this is not a long term solution either.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I have uninstalled/re installed drivers- software- updated firmware etc.  I am really stumped!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I may be off base here but a lot of people are having the same issue and the common thread is windows 10 64 bit. I really think that the usb 2.0 vs 3.0 may be the issue as updates to windows 10 seemed to have stop usb 2.0 devices from working which is your plotters usb version. See if there is anything within your windows 10 device manager section to downgrade the usb ports or at least make them compatible with 2.0.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you using your old laptop/PC and you just update the windows 10, sometimes Windows related issue which is USB Version 3 and sometimes Laptop/PC generation is not supported with windows. Af first you upgrade with laptop/PC hardware with Windows or installed Windows 7 in your old PC/Laptop and try again.

I hope it will working on Windows 7

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.