can someone help me, when i go to print, the page is blank except this is at the bottom, i deleted my printer and then added it in again and it still happens. can someone help me please. this is what it says
It sounds like you may have a virus in your computer. The file you are talking about is in a tempory folder which is used when extracting files to be installed. Follow the steps below to clean out your temp folder where this file is being stored. I would also suggest running a virus scan on your computer.
1. Type %temp% in Run (XP) or Search programs and files (Win 7 & Vista)
2. Click on the first file to highlight it, and then scroll all the way down to the last file.
3. Press and hold your shift key when you click on the last file, and then press the delete button on your keyboard.
4. There may be some files being used by the system so you will have to skip them.
5. When the delete is complete you will then need to empty your recycle bin
6. Run virus scan on your computer
Let me know what you find out?
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
It isn't a virus. It is some sort of quirk with HP printers. I have been having the same problem with my photosmart printer. Your suggestion on highlighting the first item, scrolling, hit shift, then delete saved me a lot of time deleting all the temp files I had. I have live anti-virus scan, and, ran another scan just to be on the safe side. Nothing showed up.
Deleting all those temp files does clear up the blank page problem with the printer.