cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ashleyu
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

black ink printing very light gray

I have changed all of my catridges and the black ink is printing very light- a pale gray. I returned that cartridge for a new one, have cleaned the heads and I am still having the same issue. All other colors seem to be fine. One the test page, only colors print so I can't tell if black is being tested- help!

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Roger-1128
Level 1
2 2 1 1
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ashleyu - The same thing started happening to me on 6/20/13 as well.  I have done everything you did and like you I'm still having the same issue.  Did you receive any help?  Has anyone run across this same issue and was able to fix it?   

Level 10
4,641 4,604 367 875
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Guys,

I understand that you're having problems with your black ink printing.  

What printer do you have? 

0 Kudos
ashleyu
2 1 0 2
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mine is an HP Photosmart 5514. Still having the same problem and I've reset, cleaned, realligned, etc everything!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Roger-1128
Level 1
2 2 1 1
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a HP Photosmart Plus B210 Series. 

I was finally able to fix my problem.  I reviewed the information in these posts; did the power off/on, the disconnect/connect of the cables, the resetting on the ink cartrige, the align printer (which did fail); however, after going through all the steps a couple of time the Clean Printhead option finally cleared up my problem.  The black ink is now printing.

Thanks to all who posted and help me resolve my black ink printing issue.     

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Level 10
4,641 4,604 367 875
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Roger-1128,

Great glad it's working for you.

0 Kudos
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 646
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@ashleyu wrote:

Mine is an HP Photosmart 5514. Still having the same problem and I've reset, cleaned, realligned, etc everything!

Hi ashleyu

I know this is a few months back but just wondering if this issue got resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
firern79
Level 1
2 2 0 5
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i have done everything including HP support and they want me to pay for them to try and fix it...but if they can't I can put that money towards a new HP printer. This happened last 6 months but started working without me doing anything.  It seems like it happens after I don't use the printer for 1 month time and it goes into sleep mode.  

DO THEY REALLY THINK THAT I will buy another HP product if they cannot resolve this. I just bought 4 new ink cartriges to make sure it wasn't the problem.  Looks like I will not be liking HP printers anymore and never buying another one.

Thanks for an unresolved problem.

momzywomzie
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I have the exactly the same issue with my printer, the same printer as well.  I cleaned the darn thing, realigned the cartridges, cleaned the printerheads...nothing!!!

How freaking frustrating!!!

I have not called hp because i know what the answer will be and before i pay them i will buy a new one.  

So, yours started working all of the sudden again? Did you do anything special that made it work again?

Can you let me know what you did..anything? because i am about to throw this **bleep** thing out the door.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

firern79
Level 1
2 2 0 5
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My printer never started working. Bought a Brother printer. Will never recommend HP printers again!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation