cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

black will not print for copy or print on officejet 4622

HP Recommended
officejet 4622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Black ink will not print for a copy or for a print job. Scan doctor shows that all is O.K. I have deep cleaned 4 times and used two different black ink cartridges. On a test page, colors are O.K. but on the black test part, the right side is a light gray, the middle is a darker gray and the left side which should be black is a very,very faint gray. The drivers have been reinstalled and the power plug has been pulled and plugged back in. I am at a loss as what else to try. Does anyone have any other ideas?

NF1

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,091 26,473 2,405 8,646
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Officejet 4622 (Officejet 4620 series).

If the steps there do not resolve the issue you might trimming the cap posts as described by @Babstx in the post here.

Manually cleaning the printhead as described in the post here is an option if nothing else works.

If none of the above (including trying to contact HP) do not resolve the issue please post back here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing worked, so I went to H.P. tech support. They ran some tests and it turned out that the printer had broke down. They further stated that it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to send it away for repair. So thats what I will do as soon as I have some time to shop for a new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 422
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NF1

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here  to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation