Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c309a - wired network - print cancelled msg

My c309a is connected via cable to a network.  My laptop is connected via cable to the network.  But when I try to print, I only get the top portion of the page and then the printer reports 'print cancelled'.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 8
2,418 2,394 149 356
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jjgross,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

What program are you printing from? Have you tried printing from different programs with the same result?

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help me.  I tried printing from several different programs (incl. Word and Chrome browser) and got the same result on all ("print cancelled" part way through the printing).  However, in the meantime I disconnected everything and re-attached and re-booted everything on the network and things seemed to be working for a short time.  But now, even though everything reports that it's working and can 'see' everything else on my little network, documents are stacking up in the print queue but not printing.  When time permits, I will take everything apart again and see what happens.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am getting the same problem.  I have a wireless 4500 All In One g510n printer on a wireless network.  I noted that windows 7 can't send the entire file to the appliance.  I'm still troubleshooting, but the printer needs to be forced to not print until it has received the entire file.  How?  I'm hoping on it's online webpage.  Else I'm kind of lost unless you pause the print when you send a file, and only after it is fully received by the printer then you hit start.  I use USB and I can print from Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Word.  When I use any of the above on wireless if the file is over 50k (meaning has color or pics) then it has a slim chance of spooling correctly.

I'd love help too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
2,418 2,394 149 356
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you should try the HP Print and Scan Doctor found HERE.

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you both for your comments.  I'm so happy to receive responses!   I have tried the HP Print and Scan Dr several times, but it finds no problem with my set up.  I thought the idea of holding the print file until the entire file was received at the printer sounded really promising.  That is an option on the 'Printer Properties/Advanced' screen ('Start printing after last page is spooled').  But I've done it and I don't think that's making any difference.  

This does seem like some kind of a 'overflow buffer' kind of problem, but I did notice that sometimes larger files with images, etc., will sail through, while a file that would seem simple triggers the problem.  It often occurs at the same place in the document, which also makes me wonder if there is a special print control character that is being used in sending the print file that the printer is mis-interpreting.  Just trying to think 'outside the box'...

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happens if you print a test page? Is it only partial, too?

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This article is very old and doesn't seem to have a solution, but I am experiencing the same exact problems.  I have tried all the suggestions above and read everything on the support site. 

Is there a solution to this? I've tried everything listed and experience the same exact problems as listed by the two others above.  

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, too.  As far as I know, it's not been resolved.  I ran out of time (and patience) while trying to complete a project, and I just moved the printer and bypassed the network -- hooked it to my pc with usb.  When I need it on another computer, I unplug and move it again.   If you get a better solution, please post it!!  Thanks!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,167
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@catsmeow1998 and @jjgross What OS are you using? What brand and model router do you have? Where there any resent Windows or HP updates that installed around the time this problem first came up?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation