Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

c410a

HP Recommended
photosmart
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Printer won't print in color. I have removed the print head three times and rinsed it with hot water. Use print head clean from tools menu numerous times, to no avail. Fails print head alignment test. Print quality test does a good job of printing in black only. Have expended new ink cartridges attempting to correct problem.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,630
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @michael1980,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I read your post and see that you can't print in color. Thanks for providing all the detailed steps that you have already tried. I would like to help you out today. 
If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos.

I have provided a few documents for trying to resolve this issue. It sounds like you have done pretty much all the troubleshooting already. It may be the color cartridge or the ink system:

If the issue continues and you are using HP Genuine in warranty cartridges,  please contact  HP Customer Support and inquire about an in warranty color cartridge. Just to rule that out. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Keep me posted. Thank you.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Allowed printer to sit over night, ran clean cycle again and functioned properly.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation