Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

PLease give me a link to download the icc profiles (yes ONLY the icc profiles) for HP photo papers (all kinds available, like premium, premium plus, glossy, matt etc) for the HP Photosmart c4588 AIO.

Also, please help me out with this scanning problem I'm having. There's always a dark shadow in the middle of my scans. I've included a sample here. It's a plain white A4 paper scan. Please tell me how to fix this issue. It's not a problem with usb connection or environmental magnetisation.

HP scanner problem 

HP is making it more and more difficult to like it.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

Hey NRoy. HP does not supply any additional ICC profiles for download but there are 3rd party websites that do offer ICC profiles for download. Have your tried resetting the printer to fix the shadow issue when scanning? Here is how you can perform a reset:

1. Make sure the product is on, and then disconnect the power cord from the product.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from the product, and then disconnect it from the computer.
  3. Reconnect the USB cable to the computer, and then reconnect it securely to the product.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, and then reconnect it to the wall outlet.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the product.
  6. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.

If this does not resolve the issue its probably best to contact support.

Best of luck,

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

Hi SeanS,

Thanks for the reply.

But when you say "additional icc profiles", what exactly do you  refer to? Because all it provides is the Adobe RGB(1998) and Colormatch RGB, none of which are related to the HP printer, scanner or the papers they sell. Those are general, device-independent color profiles. Device-dependent color profiles are required to make proper use of specific devices. Even the cheapest of monitors come with device-specific icc with the drivers. Because making custom profiles require a LOT of money. Now, I may not own the top-of-the-line model from HP's products, but it isn't exactly free OR cheap (for me), and it is supposed to be one which can print "great" photos. But the thing is, without a proper icc profile it can't. I'm not asking for a custom-made one done with top-notch x-rite hardware/software; just about ANY cheaply made one which can closely simulate what the device is capable of, so that I can do the adjustments (soft proofing in photoshop) to get a reasonably good print. If I knew I'd be getting such bad quality prints, I wouldn't have wasted so much money on this c*ap. A good color printer (not a "photo printer") costs 1/10th of this one and would have produced similar prints. But then I wouldn't have expected it to do any better.

On a similar thread on the HP forum, an user generously posted his icc profiles for his HP Photosmart 8700. I took a look at it, and it contains 12 different icc profiles for various HP papers for that particular printer. Mine doesn't contain any such thing. I know, that is a much costlier product, but it's expected, since it's laser. Now, HP doesn't say in it's ads exactly which of their products come with proper icc profiles. So how they hell I'm supposed to decide which one to buy? A "photo printer" requires the proper icc profile more than any of those cheap monitors, but see the situation. Why is HP so inconsiderate? They shouldn't call it "photosmart" if they are spupid-enough to exclude some icc profiles for photographers. "PhotoDumb" would be a proper name.

About the scan: Yes yes, I had tried all that before posting. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

Fine. No icc. Fine. Can you at least tell me if I can disable the printer driver's color management so that I can use a spectrophotometer to create a working profile myself? I have read the help/manual and searched the online forums, but couldn't find out if it is possible to do so. The manual says "yes", but I don't see any "application managed" entry in the color management menu. There's just this ColorSmart/sRGB and AdobeRGB available. Here's a screenshot:

hp-color-management.jpg

Is it at least possible to disable the printer's color management via a suitable driver/patch? If so, then please let me have it.

Please tell me HP didn't sell me a sick, handicapped product.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

Come on! At least give a reply! You people are worse than your products!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

This document may offer some help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00294111

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c4588

[Keep it courteous] Did you even read EITHER my (long, detailed, with pictures) questions OR the document you provided? Please do, before you reply again. If you don't understand, then let somebody else answer. Not that I expect much from you people anymore. I am utterly disgusted to say the least. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation