Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

c4750 says incompatible cartridge when same cartridge worked the day before

I have a HP c4750 all in one printer.  The other day I used it with no problems at all.  The next day when i turned it on to print, an error message came up on the printer saying that the cartridge was incompatible.  I thought maybe the ink was low. I went to the store got another cartridge, same thing happened.  I thought it was some sort of wierd flook.  Went back to the store, got two more cartridges.  One was a regular 60, the other a 60xl.  Same thing happened.  

I came to this sight to try to trouble shoot.  I did as the instructions said.  Still, the same message keeps coming up.  I've done everything i ca think of to get the darn thing to work.  These are the same cartridges we have always used.  I buy them from Wal-mart, and they are actual HP products.  

Please help!!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: c4750 says incompatible cartridge when same cartridge worked the day before

[ Edited ]

The troubleshooting document here may help resolve cartridge errors in the C4750.  Based on your description I would suspect ink or fibers on the electrical contacts as the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation