cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HPuser_c7280 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

c7280 keeps having ink system failure error 0xc19a0035.. Help!!!!!

Hello, I've owned this c7280 printer for three years. Lately, my printer has been getting periodic error messages that prevents any printing until i shut it down and restart. The error message reads:

Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, recieve faxes , or print. Refer to printer documentation.

Error: 0xc19a0035

Turn power off, then on again.

When i reboot, the printers works fine for anywhere from a several minutes to an hour before this same message comes back up. Sometimes, when the printer isn't being used at all, it suddenly shows the error message. The timing i think is at random. Other times, when i try to print from my computer, the error message will pop up on the printer. I am still able to print pages, but i just have to restart the printer if the error comes up.

How do i fix this??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
RAYKAF Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am experiencing the same Ink System Failure error message 0xc19a0035.

Has there been a resoultion to this propblem? Any fixes would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Medward Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 3 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have an HP Photosmart C6380 that I bought in May 2009 and has been working until now. It won't print anything and shows me an error message:

Ink System Failure 0xc19a0023 Please turn printer off then on.

I have turned the printer off, unplugged it and waited an hour before hooking it back up, but I get the same error message and no printing. Is there an inexpensive fix for it or should I throw it away and buy a new one.

san_ding Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have same problem too. I use the printer C7280 2.3 years. Is it a design issue or device time bomb? Any one of HP guy can answer to us? Thanks!

0 Kudos
HannahElizabeth Tutor
Tutor
1 1 0 9
Message 5 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was having the same problem, and HP phone support told me there was no way to fix the problem (and then tried to sell me a new printer).  But today I found a post (on another forum) with instructions to fix the problem- and now my printer is WORKING!

Heres what I did:

"Press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both. Then enter '123' to enter maintenance mode. Press the right arrow (next to the OK button) until 'System Config' menu appeared on panel. Then press OK two times to clear the error condition, then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu. Then power off and back on."

Apparently these are the instructions HP gives you if your printer is still in-warranty. 

gaildavidson Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You ROCK!  I had to do the "routine" a couple of times before it took.  Printing like a mad woman now.  Thanks for sharing that info.

Funny a number of us are having this right about this time. 

Captain_Bill Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have been plagued by this eroor code for months.  Searching the HP site for help always took me down the path of a new printer.  I had too much invested in ink for this printer to give up.  After searching on the exact error code, I found your solution.  IT WORKS.  I join the Happy People crowd.  Thanks for taking the time to post.

0 Kudos
Kevpearl Tutor
Tutor
18 12 0 0
Message 8 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have tried the solution of resetting the printer and I still have the ink system failure. My printer sounds like there is a hangup or glitch in the beginning of the cycle. I suspect that one of the gears is not engaging. I have no way of checking and wanted to know if there a site where I can view a schematic drawing of the C7280 which will show me how the printer is assembled so I would have a plan to take it apart and reassemble it.

0 Kudos
Medward Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 9 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a HP Photosmart C6380 and none of the suggested fixes worked for my printer. HP technical support couldn't get my printer working so they gave me a good deal on a new HP Photosmart Premium C310. When I got it, the printhead looked the same as the one in the C6380. So just for grins I installed it in the C6380 and now it works great again. Then I went online and ordered a new printhead replacement kit from HP.

Now I have two working printers (one for each computer). Before you buy another computer, see if you can order replacement parts and if you can't find them, send an email to HP Parts Dept. They were very helpful to me and didn't charge me for the replacement kit.

0 Kudos
silver62 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 54
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am a grandmother who is experiencing the same problem. Ink System Failure, with same error code. Do you do the solution steps when the error is up on the display or at anytime?  Also when I get this error message, my c7280 says to turn off and on again and when I do it proceeds top tell me I shut  down improperly! Does this come along with this error or do I have two problems??

Wouild appreciate any advice on this, thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation