cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HiPockets Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

As my sister's printer is just about 2 weeks from its' 1 year birthday, a message appeared on the display, that we can't seem to solve.

Ink system has failed. Unable to print. Refer to printer documentation.

Error: 0xc18a0406

Turn printer off, then on again.

I've tried power off, on. Removing all cartridges, and powering up, then inserting them all. No luck.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Teacher
Teacher
87 87 6 15
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

Contact HP Technical support to reset the IDS hardware failure. Combo keys that you need to press to reset the IDS is confidential.

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
ChrisBoydell Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

Hello.  

I had the same problem with my C8180.  What I did when I got the error, was to press and hold the “Print Photos” & “Red EyeRemoval” buttons. 

What happened was the LCD screen faded out, but the power button light stayed 'blue'.  I left the unit for about 2 minutes without touching it.  

After the 2 minutes, I pressed the power button again.  This seemed to kick the C8180 back into life again, where then it proceded to do it own initialising. 

I just followed the prompts which kept appearing on the LCD, and eventually the printer came back into fully working order!!! 

I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
hughsheehy Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

I have exactly the same error message and - frankly - to see someone writing that the solution is "Confidential" is garbage of the highest degree.

What is the solution?  

0 Kudos
hughsheehy Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

BTW - i appreciate that AlmostThere is only informing us that the solution is confidential....and it's an indictment of HP, not him/her.
0 Kudos
isabella-salas Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

ink system failure error oxc18a0206 appears on the screen.

0 Kudos
Chris_Boydell Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

c8180 Ink System Failure

Try this...

Press and Hold the "Print Photos" & "Red Eye Removal" buttons.

Release both buttons. The display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"

Press and release in sequence "Red Eye Removal", "Print Photos", "Red Eye Removal"

Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu" (use touchscreen on printer)

Press and release the "OK" button.

Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, arrow key over to "Hardware failure status"

Press and release the "OK" button

Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".

Press and release the "OK" Button.

Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared.

Press Cancel to continue".

Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart

Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer. Turn the unit on.

The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE".

Press OK.

If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS".

Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt.

Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation