Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z2100
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi can anyone help me conect to printer  z2100 so i can find out ink coverage material etc 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First, you need to find out :    was the driver installed properly ?   you can go to printer property & see is it online .

if offline, it means driver not installed properly.

Clean install :

First download the driver from HP website.... unzip it to a directory where you can remember.

Connect printer via usb cable.

power up & Windows should detect it & ask for driver, point to the directory where you have the driver.

if installation fine, you can see it on printer property & said    online.... otherwise     connection bad.

if all ok.... go to hp utility   & it should find the printer there.......  if no... uninstall    it        reboot    & install

it again.

Should be easy & just less than 10 minutes....

On the utilty,   you can manage color profiles & other functions...

HP Recommended

thankyou for reply.

printer is working via usb conection  print quality seems ok

just cant find or conect with hp utility  am i using rhe right program lol

if i go to printer driver  preferences   services    , if i try to access colour centre or printer status  it opens up hp utility   but thats as far as i can get  many thanks for your help kind regards wayne

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.