Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (4,008 Views)

can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

I have a HP Color Laserjet 2840 and an iMac runing Mac OS X ver. 10.7.4.

Can I install and use the full suite of HP software to fully operate the printer and scanner features?  Currently I can only print with very limited functionality that the printer offers.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (4,000 Views)

Re: can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

Hi,

I affraid your printer is not fully supported by Lion Mac OS X 10.7.

As you may find listed below, only print functionality provided for the OS and scanning is no longer supported:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02925114#A2

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,917 Views)

Re: can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

Yeah, this is a problem. We are running a new MacBook Pro, but have 3 older MacBooks on the network, and now have to buy a new printer because HP doesn't want to write the software to run the product? You seem to make new drivers for every Windows version that comes out every 2 years, but not for Mac? Is HP going to make a driver, or should we just stop using HP altogether?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation