Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (4,447 Views)

can not get my 7410 to scan

I have a HP Officejet 7410.  The OS is Windows 7. After I press the scan button on the printer, the error message on the printer is, "You need to install or run HP software for the feature."  I have already updated the drivers off the HP website.  The scan feature worked in the past but, my computer got "infected"  with something & I had it removed.  Now, I can't get it to work again.  What do I need to do to make the scan feature work?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (4,445 Views)

Re: can not get my 7410 to scan

Hi,

Have you tried the Printer Install Wizard located at www.hp.com/go/tools

This will get you the Windows 7 Software for your device.

I hope this helps.

JonW

I work for HP
Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (4,442 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can follow the steps in the link :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (4,433 Views)

I have the Officejet 7410 with OS Windows 7.  I uninstalled ALL HP drivers.  During re-install of the FULL driver software, I received this error message, "fatal error during installation".  The scan feature use to work on this printer  What shall I do next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation