Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
can't install HP deskjet F4580 on windows 7
Replies (41)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 31 of 42 (2,094 Views)

Re: can't install HP deskjet F4580 on windows 7

Well, as I stated before I've tried to install this on 2 different computers, one brand new with only Windows 7 installed.

No result.

I tried, like you said, to install it on another admin account... same problem.

The thing that puzzels me is the fact that the install screen just disappears instead of giving an error.

Provost
Message 32 of 42 (2,090 Views)

Hi Blixa69,

Try installing the printer using the USB connection, and let me know if you experience the same issues?
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
Message 33 of 42 (2,077 Views)

Well, I finally got the solution for my problem.

I've noticed that the install screen disappears after its looking for updates and applying updates.

And now I've just altered the settings for the updates

I don't know just how it's called but in the screen where you have to check the box to agree to the terms and conditions 

I think it was "internet connection usage settings"

There I chose "don't search for updates" and "I will manually install the updates" (or something simular)

And then the software goes on with installing the printer!!

Everything works fine (printing, scanning) over my wireless network.

Thanks for the help!!!

Provost
Message 34 of 42 (2,069 Views)

Hi Blixa69,

Glad to hear you have everything working. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Message 35 of 42 (2,022 Views)

what do I need to download to make my f4580 work on my Toshiba laptop using the cord (not wireless)

Associate Dean
Message 36 of 42 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]

All you should need to do is download the install software, run it, and follow the instructions. If that's not working, what error messages are you getting?

HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Message 37 of 42 (2,003 Views)

is there anywhere I can send a screenshot of whats happening when I try to install this software? It just doesn't work for me anymore. Problem started when I got a new router last September!
Associate Dean
Message 38 of 42 (1,996 Views)

You can post the screen shot directly to the forums. Just click the icon that looks like a picture above the text box you type your response in. That will allow you to post images.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Message 39 of 42 (1,915 Views)

Hello, I have been trying to install the drivers for HP Deskjet f4580 since a few days. Tried with

the installation CD, www.hp webside or via Windows tools but the insatllation always stops with error code

28482129. My laptop is ACER with Windows 7 64-bit. Previously I had ASUS with the same OS and it was

installed w/o any problem. I have checked all advises on HP web or elswere, tried all options what to delete, what to setup and how, but the result is always same. Any advise how to solve it is very welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Intern
Message 40 of 42 (1,793 Views)

LOST_1970 wrote:

"I managed to install it on my second laptop where Windows 2000."

I also wish to install the F4580 drivers on Windows 2000, but the actual version 14.1.0 does not support this.   

Can anybody please tell me, which earlier version supports windows 2000?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation