Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to print a document on my Android Phone to my Deskjet 2540 using Wireless Direct (so no router involved).  I downloaded the App    HP ePrint   for my phone and have pushed the Wireless Direct button on the printer (the light next to it is on).  I have enabled the Wi-Fi radio on my phone and have made a connection to my printer.

But when I try to print the document ( a pdf.doc) I get the following error message on my phone:  No internet connection.  Please check your network settings and try again.

Can you please help?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Kyle72,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I gather that when your Android mobile device is connected to your Deskjet 2540’s wireless direct network that you no longer can access the document and you are getting a connection error message.

While you are connected to the printer’s wireless direct network you cannot access the internet.  If the document you are trying to print is not residing on your mobile device you will need to copy the file to your phone to be able to print it.  I have included the link to HP’s Wireless Printing Center – HP Wireless Direct.  It has a good summary about HP’s Wireless Direct with instructions on how to connect to it and how to use it.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Kyle72,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I gather that when your Android mobile device is connected to your Deskjet 2540’s wireless direct network that you no longer can access the document and you are getting a connection error message.

While you are connected to the printer’s wireless direct network you cannot access the internet.  If the document you are trying to print is not residing on your mobile device you will need to copy the file to your phone to be able to print it.  I have included the link to HP’s Wireless Printing Center – HP Wireless Direct.  It has a good summary about HP’s Wireless Direct with instructions on how to connect to it and how to use it.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.  I am trying to print a document saved on the SD card of my phone, so no internet connection required.  However, when I connected to my printer tonight I was able to successfully print the document.  So it seems to be working properly now.

HP Recommended

i cant get wireless direct or hp print app or eprint or anything else to work with my android phone and my 2540. none of the suggestions work. i am connected to my printer, i am not trying to print from the internet, when using the hp print app anything i want to print shows going to a pdf file instead of printing. when i "look" for printers it searches and never stops. when i go to "add" a printer it sees my printer. i dont know what to do and am very frustrated

HP Recommended

i cant get wireless direct or hp print app or eprint or anything else to work with my Samsung galaxy tab 4 8.0  and my 2540. none of the suggestions work. i am connected to my printer, i am not trying to print from the internet, when using the hp print app anything i want to print shows going to a pdf file instead of printing. when i "look" for printers it searches and never stops. when i go to "add" a printer it sees my printer. i dont know what to do and am very frustrated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.