Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6960 all-in-one

Been trying to send a fax, can recieve them just fine.  When it dials to send a fax it's dialing way to many numbers.  It seems to be dailing my fax number plus the number that I'm trying to fax.  I can't seem to get rid of my fax number on the screen display, it won't delete.  Help please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@1CLR

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that are unable to send fax from your HP Officejet 6960 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Verify that the number is dialed correctly. All the digits required to make a phone call from the same line must be dialed. This includes digits that must be dialed to access an outside line or long distance services.
  • If the Speed Dial has been used for dialing or the fax has been sent from your computer, print the page to be faxed and dial the number manually on the HP Fax front panel.
  • Make sure that the appropriate option between Tone Dialing and Pulse Dialing is set on your HP Fax product depending on your phone service provider or PBX.
  • If faxes are sent correctly from the HP Fax front panel but fail when sent from the PC (supposed your HP Fax supports PC faxing), test the communication between the HP All-in-One product and your computer by clicking the Status button in the HP Director application, or trying to print some document.

Click here and follow the document to perform the above mentioned steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.