cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
100george
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

cannot install Officejet 100 after windows 10 upgrade

HP Recommended
Officejet 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I "upgraded" to windows 10.  I tried to print something, no luck.  Printer worked just fine with 8.1.  I went to HP web site to download latest driver/software compatable with 10.  Web site correctly identified the operating system and offered one choice for download.  I downloaded it, 131 mb.  During install,  I get a "fatal error, more currrent software already on computer MSI.BPD" error message.  However, on devices and printers section of control panel, properties of printer says "installation incomplete due to metered connection".  I do turn on the metered connection for my wifi because it is by the gigabite and expensive.  However, I turned the metered connection off on an install retry and got the same message for both the download and the properties.  I also tried with  USB cable both connected and disconnected, sme message both ways.  There is no HP error noted in the windows event viewer.  Need some help please.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,321 13,269 1,356 3,520
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try to Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer

Try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

If you already have it saved to your hard disk, no need to download again.  Just run the file (assuming that you have downloaded it correctly)

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
100george
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions.  

An update--despite the error messages, I tried to print an hour or so later.  The printer did print a 6 page color pdf file from documents.  

More info on the event.   After the fatal error message from hp, the uninstall program that kicked in stopped with the Microsoft message "The HP Install Uninstaller has stopped working.  Microsoft will attempt to determine the cause and correct the problem".  This happened 4 times.   No response from Microsoft.  The initial download never left my computer.  Each subsequent attempt found the earlier download, and then tried to install, in 4 segments.  The fatal error occured in the first or second of the four segments.  Each session was identical.  All downloads and download attempts were the FULL download, all 131 mb of it.

So, I think I'll try to go with what is working at the moment.  

Thanks again for your response.  I do not consider this problem either solved or worked around.  What is happening remains unknown.  However, it appears the uninstall will not complete, either.  I am reluctant to do anything else where we are, as data is very expensive.  When I return to the States in a week, and have reasonable data, I'll try again.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation