cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JHansen389
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

cannot power on printer HP 8600 office jet pro

HP Recommended
HP 8600 office jet pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The printer worked fine two days ago.  Don't ask me why I turned the power off, but I did.  Now I cannot get it to power on.  The plugs are all well seated, I have tried it in different outlets where I know there is power.  I have tried holding down the on/off button lightly, firmly, quickly, long hold.  Nothing happens.

Is there a fuse or something fixable that might have blown?  If it is an issue with the on/off button itself, is it even fixable?

Of course, it moved out of warranty a couple of months ago...figures.

Any help for this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
34,410 26,561 3,176 10,227
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JHansen389

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

I wish I had something positive to offer -- I should think switching off the printer would not put you in this kind of bind.  :Crying:

Perhaps something here will help:

The HP Printer Does Not Turn On or Respond When the Power Button is Pressed

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JHansen389

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

I wish I had something positive to offer -- I should think switching off the printer would not put you in this kind of bind.  :Crying:

Perhaps something here will help:

The HP Printer Does Not Turn On or Respond When the Power Button is Pressed

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

JHansen389
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know why it wouldn't power up.  I persisted with unplugging, replugging, etc etc.  Eventually, it turned on.  Some kind of 'open' somewhere along the way but I felt like a Skinner pidgeon, randomly pecking and hoping for a reward.  

It's working now.  Thanks for replying.

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JHansen389

The power supply may be a bit flakey.  That's a technical term.  Smiling.

You could also have a low voltage situation -- depending on where you are located, at at least here in the USA lately, there is a real possibility that the power is struggling to stay on.

Opinions vary on whether one should use a power strip on a printer -- if you think there is a power flux problem, then it might be useful to hook up the sensitive stuff to a decent UPS.  This could be overkill -- we use them in our home office; we live where we can have surges and low voltage issues even when the weather is not trying to rub us out.  Smiling.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation