Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet 3637
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i have just purchased the printer, but when trying to install the printer wont connect to the internet, theres no display panel so it says use usb to connect temporarily, but this doesnt seem to be recognised

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @07861733, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues connecting your printer to the internet.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

How have you connected your printer to PC is it wired or wireless?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any error states present during the printer setup.
   NOTE:
The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.
Disconnect the power cord from the router.
Turn off the printer.
Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.
Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
Turn on the printer.
Turn on the computer.
Try installing the HP driver and software again.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.