cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Susan3630
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

cant print from windows 8 to hp3630

HP Recommended
hp3630
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can't get my lenovo laptop runnig windows 8 to print to HP3630 - wifi.  Set up fine on other laptop running windows 10, ipad etc.  I've tried uninstalling, cleaning, reinstaling (basic and full), truning the firewall off and it still wont print from the laptop.  When I run the HP print and Scan Dr it can print a test page, but I can't even print the test page from the device/printers from control panel.  Weirdly I can print from Adobe Reader DC.  Any advice on what to try next?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Susan3630,

Thanks for visiting the HP community.  A good day to you. I came across your post where you are not able to print from a Windows 8.1 computer, while other computers work on the network. Brilliant description and analysis of the situation before posting 🙂 Kudos to you on that score.  

• Has it worked before? Did this happen after a windows or software update?

• For a start, please try these steps:
  • Please uninstall the printer software completely by following these steps.
  • In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 

Then install the full feature software from this link. Please select the correct operating system and then do it.

Please update the printer's firmware also from the same link.

Then please try the relevant steps from this link to setup a wireless connection  Please try the steps relevant to your current situation from these FAQs listed below.

• What if I do not know my wireless network name or password?
  • What do I do if the connection worked, but later the printer went offline?
  • What can I do to troubleshoot network or printer connection issues?
  • What if an 'Unable to find printer' message displays during the installation?
  • What if my printer is already connected via USB and I want to switch to a wireless connection?

Also please try the steps mentioned on how to convert a USB connection to a wireless one. This should do the trick for you. It is very important that you perform all the steps patiently please, to try and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Susan3630
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I've worked through these, but sadly the problems are just the same.  The printer has never worked on this computer, the issue has not occured following a windows update.  Do you have any other suggestions please?

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Susan3630

You're welcome. 🙂

As @DavidSMP is out of the office, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively. 

I suggest you to install the inbuilt printer drivers in the Windows operating system and check if that helps. 

NOTE: When you reach the point where you need to choose from a list of printer drivers, then select drivers for HP Deskjet 990c and continue with the installation.

The HP Deskjet 990c drivers should work for your printer and serve the printing purpose. For scanning, you may use the HP Scan and Capture app.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

Susan3630
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just tried this and it seems to have worked.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Susan3630,

As @MKazi is out of office for the day, I am responding on his behalf. I am really glad that it worked. Awesome job. Please give @MKazi's post an accepted solution for his efforts to help and mark the same post a Kudos also as it will help several others with the same issue to get it fixed.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation