The HP Community is here for you.
07-06-2012 12:14 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 08:53 PM by OscarFuentes
Let's see if we can get your carriage jam taken care of so you no longer have to scold your printer. Can you tell me if the carriage moves freely in the printer?
Make sure that the print carriage can move freely
- With the power to the product still on, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
- Open the print-carriage access door by lifting it until it stops.Figure 2: Opening the print-carriage access door
- Gently move the print carriage to the left of the product.
- Close the print-carriage access door.
- Plug the power cord into the back of the product, and then turn the product on if it does not turn on automatically.
- Follow these steps to print a self-test page:
- Press the Setup button ( ).
- Press the down arrow button ( ).
- Press the right arrow button ( ).
- Press OK .
These steps along with a few others that may help resolve your issue can be found in this HP troubleshooting article.
Let me know if the article helps resolve your issue.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.