cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
glitterkip
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

cartridge recognition

HP Recommended
officejet pro 8000 enterprise
Microsoft Windows XP

last update stopped my printer working with my ink system. I have used for the past year alternative cartridges because I print craft papers and for the scouts camping lists etc, now the printer will not recognize the cartridges"(4872)

It has been working perfectly with my refillable system for the past year.

annoyed from Polegate

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
paul111
Level 1
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi glitterkip,

What is the wording given for the message that you are seeing on the front panel screen? Knowing this might help the community understand your issue. Further, the use of Genuine HP supplies may help here.

Regards,

Paul

Though I may work for HP, my opinion is my own.

0 Kudos
Shinchan_2
Level 4
Level 4
130 129 8 8
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Remove the ink cartridge from the printer and check if there is any ink spill inside the printer.

Make sure that the cartridge snaps correctly in the printer.

Try performing reset on the printer by unplugging the power cable from the back of the printer and replug it back.

If the issue persist, we recommend you to contact our printer technical support.

Have a great day !

I am an HP Employee.
Click on Kudos if you like this post.
0 Kudos
glitterkip
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Paul,

I know using genuine hp cartridges would solve the problem, What I'm very cross about is that my printer is 2 + years old, out of guarantee and printing beautifully using refillable cartridges for the past year and a good quality ink recommended for HP printers. Then I get an update from HP, I accept the update and when I turn on my printer two days later it won't recognise the cartridges I've been using successfully for the past year.

What right do HP have to interfere with my equipment, it is no longer under their warranty, that is why I'm annoyed.

I'm still using alternative cartridges only not refillable and I don't like the ink mix, but Ill lump it on principal.  Thank you again for your courtesy reply.

ps printer displayed before non-refillable cartridges: replace ink yellow, cyan, magenta, black.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation