cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
tpellegr Tutor
Tutor
15 10 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

We have a 1536dnf printer that is dead . How do we cold restart it ?

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

There are a few things I would check if the printer is having an issue turning on.

* Have you made sure the printer is plugged into a direct wall outlet to ensure proper voltage in the unit?

* There are troubleshooting steps for when a printer will not turn on found in the document located here.

Typically this type of issue is a problem with the power supply internally in the printer.  If the troubleshooting steps are not able to get the unit to begin powering on, then the next step will be product replacement.

If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
tpellegr Tutor
Tutor
15 10 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

The unit starts to power up wheels spin no display on screen , nothing happens when any key pressed like copy or fax . Thats why we think a password was set and want to know how to cold restart it .

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

Okay, I want to make sure I am understanding the issue correctly.  The printer will power up, but won't respond to commands?

There are steps for this model printer to perform a factory reset, as this is what I believe you are referring to with the cold restart, and I will send these steps to you via private messages.  Please check your inbox messages.  Before performing these steps please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
xkimotech Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

I too am having problems with the password reset of the above mentioned printer.  A student had put in a password for the printer and could not access the place to change the password.  Help please!

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

Hey xkimotech,

Have you tried pressing the Wrench on the front panel to access the Setup Menu> System Setup Menu > Restore Defaults?

This may be able to remove a password in the EWS if this is where you are meaning a Password has been set.

As well, I have the information for a reset on this printer that may be able to remove the password as well.  I will send this information in a private message.  Please read the link to Bob_Headrick's thread linked above.

I am not an HP employee.
xkimotech Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

Thank you very much for your assistance!!  It worked, much appreciated for the help.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,105 3,880 591 652
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

Thank you for the update, xkimotech.

I am glad you were able to get the issue fixed!  Did the System Menu reset work or did you have to perform the steps I private messaged you?

I wish you the best in all your future printing needs.

Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
xkimotech Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

I was able to set it up the printer after it was reset.  Again thank you.

0 Kudos
jdecker1975 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cold restart 1536dnf

Can you please send me the cold reset instructions for the Laserjet 1536dnf.  I am working on one for a customer and all we get is a blank display with all 3 lights lit up but you can't do anything with it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation