Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET ADVANTAGE 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP DESKJET INKJETADVANTAGE 3636 ALL IN ONE PRINTER. It prints fine without any issues but when I attempt to scan or photocopy I get vertical colored lines. I have attempted everything:

- cleaning the crystal with mineral water and a lint free cloth.

- Hard reset unplugging it and waiting 20 seconds

- uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

But, unfortunately the issues persists. I have Windows 10 64 bit operating system. Could this be the issue?

I son´t know what else to try. Please Help

Thanks

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @robertsoria, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand when you try to scan or making a photocopy from your printer you get colored lines.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Change the scan settings with HP Printer Assistant.
Load the item on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features.
   NOTE:
Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
Search Windows for your printer model, then click the printer name in the list of results.
HP Printer Assistant opens.
Click Scan, then click Scan a Document or Photo.
HP Scan opens.
Click one of the shortcuts that matches the file type and resulting action you want.
Change any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if necessary.
   NOTE:
Available settings change depending on if you are scanning a document or photo. For example, the PDF File type is only available for document scans.
Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.
Click Advanced Settings or More to change settings such as quality, color, and default scan destination folder.
Click Scan.
The printer scans the item, then a preview of the scan displays in HP Scan.
If necessary, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned item, then change any additional settings.
Click Save.
The Save as windows opens.
Select the folder you want to save the scan to, change the File name if necessary, confirm the file type in the Save as type menu, then click Save.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot scan quality issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot. Thank you very much for your recommendations, unfortunately I have already gone through all those steps already. I work in the IT Division of my company and I set up PCs and other devices as well. I am very familiar with the process. Unfortunately, nothing I do seems to work. I will be returning the Printer to the store I bought it and exchange it for another one. Hopefully that one works.

I´ll let you know the outcome.

Thanks and Best Regards

Robert

HP Recommended

@robertsoria, Thanks for your response and time.

As you mentioned even after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

It looks to be a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.