Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
C5180
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

All in one printer C5180 behind a Edimax EW-7438PTn.Following the instructions I did configurate the EW-7438PTn as a wifi bridge adapter.Con nection was ok (amber transmitting LED was flashing).I did install the printer driver again with the from HP support derived software, gave it a other name than the local printer C5180 (USB connection).

Although everything was presented as working in good order,I could not print, not even a test page in the network mode.

(USB mode,when dedicated as the default printer, was still working in good order).Via the control panel I noticed that the

printer in networkmodus did present himself as "off line".

Deleted the network driver again and connected the printer straight to the router (Cisco E1000).

Installed the driver again as a network printer.Testpage was ok.

C5180 printer was put off,disconnected and then connected again with a networkcable behind the EW-7438PTn.

Intalled the the printer driver again as a network driver.

Put the printer on and printed the testpage  via the "wireless " connection.Passed the printing test with flying colours.

Overall , I swithced severall times between the printer as a local one (USB driver) and network printer mode (via the wifi bridge).No more problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.