cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
faheaz
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

connect android

I have a new Presario CQ56, and a new Verizon Revolution Android phone. Each time I try to connect the phone, I get a message that windows does not recognize the device or that the device has malfunctioned.The phone was replaced due to another issue, but I still have the same problem. any ideas on what the problem could be? Verizon was no help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

connect android

Hey faheaz!

Each time you connect your phone to the computer? If that is the case I don't know that anyone here would be much help.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

connect android

completely wrong forum for this (this is for printing from phones directly to printers) but I'll give it a try.

Chances are you need stand alone USB drivers for the phone (like I did for my Galaxy S). Chances are Verizon doesn't provide them, only the manufacturer of the phone (in this case LG). If LG doesn't provide them check out the XDA forums. Then when it's plugged you need to make the phone a mass storage device (it's in the settings under Wireless and Connection)

You do so at your own risk though, never run into any info on those forums that's faulty but you know...just in case. 

Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

connect android

Good suggestion jandsbob!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation