cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gloriadeb
Level 1
12 5 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

connecting 650C to PC

HP Recommended

I've gotten through several issues with the 650C trying to get things up and running.

I have Windows 10.  I disabled the signing requirement and downloaded the driver and it seems to have been done successfully.

I did purchase a $99 laptop with XP but I'm giving this a shot while I wait for it to arrive.

I understand that I will probably have to get a bi-directional cable for 25-pin to USB.

In the meantime, is it possible to connect the 650C to my Windows 10 laptop via an Ehernet cable?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
meat1820
Level 4
108 100 8 16
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

to use the ethernet port on the back of the printer, you will need a router. Run ethernet cable from router to back of printer. your printer will have to be configured with an IP address that your router will see. you can send print file from your laptop to the printer wireless.

0 Kudos
Gloriadeb
Author
Level 1
12 5 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've added a new port.

Standard TCP/IP port configured with my router's Ip address.

It still won't print.

Really want to get it to print now.

What could I be doing wrong?

I've ordered a bidirectional cable.  Hopefully that will get this printing from my pc.

0 Kudos
meat1820
Level 4
108 100 8 16
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

your TCP/IP port has to be configured with your printers ip/address not your routers. your router is going to look for and send your print file to that address which is the printer.

0 Kudos
Gloriadeb
Author
Level 1
12 5 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping me with this.

I rec'd a bidirectional cable today.

I am printing from my Windows 10 laptop!

All is well. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation