cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
onebusymom
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

copies from bed print two sided

HP Recommended
Officejet 6700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to copy from the bed, of my Officejet 6700, it prints two sided when I only want to print one sided. I try to change the settings on the printer screen by going to settings:  two-sided and then am only given the option of 1-sided original 2-sided copy. How can I change my settings to print single sided?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 218
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP community @onebusymom,

I understand your Officejet 6700 is always printing on both sides of the paper. I will be happy to help.

Below, I have posted a link to a document that offers some troubleshooting solutions to this issue. When you open the document, you will need to open the drop-down menu titled "Windows", then scroll down and open "Automatic duplexing with the duplexer accessory", then click on "Optional: Change the default print settings".  Please follow the steps to change the print settings and let me know the results.

Printing on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplexing) for HP Officejet Premium 6700 e-All-in-One Printer (...

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

0 Kudos
onebusymom
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response however it did not fix my problem. It changed my settings for printing from my computer but did not change the settings for making copies from my Officejet. Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 218
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @onebusymom,

I found this on pages 43-44 of the User Guide.

Copy documents
You can make quality copies from the printer control panel.

To copy documents
1. Make sure you have paper loaded in the main tray. For more information, see Load media.
2. Place your original face down on the scanner glass or face up in the ADF. For more information, see Load an original on the scanner glass or Load an original in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
NOTE: If you are copying a photo, place the photo on the scanner glass face down, as shown on the icon on the edge of the scanner glass.
3. Touch Copy.
4. Change any additional settings. For more information, see Change copy settings.
5. To start the copy job, touch Start Black or Start Color.
NOTE: If you have a color original, selecting Start Black produces a blackand-white copy of the color original, while selecting Start Color produces a full-color copy of the color original.

Change copy settings
You can customize copy jobs using the various settings available from the printer's control panel, including the following:
• Number of copies
• Copy paper size
• Copy paper type
• Copy speed or quality
• Lighter/Darker settings
• Resizing originals to fit on different paper sizes

You can use these settings for single copy jobs, or you can save settings to be used as defaults for future jobs.
To change copy settings for a single job
1. Touch Copy.
2. Select the copy function settings you want to change.
3. Touch Start Black or Start Color.
To save the current settings as defaults for future jobs
1. Touch Copy.
2. Make any changes to the copy function settings, and then touch Settings.
3. Touch (down arrow), and then select Set As New Defaults.
4. Touch Yes, change defaults, and then select Done.

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
onebusymom
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When I follow those instructions and I get to two-sided: 1:2 , I press the right arrow which brings up a screen that reads "1-sided original 2-sided copy" with a check mark in the box. There is not an option for 1 sided original 1 sided copy. And, I can not scroll over to another screen.
Is there a way for me to reset the printer?
0 Kudos
MarcelusWallace
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 218
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @onebusymom,

Have you tried deselecting the option "1-sided original 2-sided copy" (removing the check mark from box).

Otherwise, you can restore the factory defaults on the printer. On the printer front Panel select Setup > Tools > Restore Factory Defaults to reset printer to its factory defaults.

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

onebusymom
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you! Restoring factory settings worked.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation