cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TammyD83
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

copy, scan, and fax problem

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium

I was trying to copy a donation letter so that I could send money more then once but my copy machine keps giving me the error message "Unable to scan, copy or send a fax." then it gives you a button to say okay.

I am able to copy things that are on my computer by using the USB plug. Yet, I am unable to use the printer alone to print. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,208 13,156 1,338 3,468
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try to do a scan using the software from your computer?

If it is saying the same error, then the scanner might be defective.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
TammyD83
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was waiting for your reply and decided to do one of the suggestions from FQA. After I turned the printer off for a minute or two it printed the document.  I also unplugged the USB cord that I was using to print from the computer before rebooting the printer.  Thank you for your suggestion response even though I found the solution on my own!  :OpenSmile:

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation