Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am convinced there is a setting I need to adjust in the configuration of my router. Per the instructions you provided, when I access the wireless settings on the printer, I can see my network SSID broadcast. I believe there is an issue with the WPA version and/or encryption b/c my wireless router is not letting the printer "in"...

I think this is the last step.

Help appreciated if you can.

HP Recommended

It sounds like it is getting as far as negotiating the connection with the router.

Do you know if the wireless security type is WEP, WPA, or WPA2?

Do you receive any error messages?  If so, what are they?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

When I reach the printer page, and I attempt to connect to my network and I don't check anything on Authentication, the error message reads: "Cannot connect to your wireless router. Ensure the wireless network settings are correct and try again." So then I try again per below

When I reach the printer page, and attempt to connect to my network and choose the following:
WPA2-PSK then AES, then type in the passcode, the error message reads: “ HTTP 0 “
[these are the wireless configs, per your question]

Currently I'm using the default system password on the authentication - I've not created a new custom one. Not sure that would make a difference here.

HP Recommended

Hi again.

Interestingly something must have connected itself properly b/c now going into the printer browser page, I can see everything connected (Security mode is WPA). Blue light on printer is on constantly now (not blinking). I was able to print a test report (with all items passing). When I tried printing a test Word doc wirelessly from my laptop, I kept getting errors. (had to make sure printer was not 'offline') and then I changed my port setting to the printer (was somehow set somewhere else).

Long story short, it WORKS NOW! Yay!.

This email chain is pretty lengthy and I was faced with a specific issue, but I am now connected wirelessly to my LaserJet CP1525nw color.

HP Recommended

It was a strange issue, but I am glad it is all working for you now. 

Thanks for letting the community know.  :generic:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

This is a very interesting exchange to me, as I have been trying to connect wirelessly to my CP1525nw for a loooong time. I would be willing to run it through my router, if that were the only method available. I have tried to use the WPS connection many, many times (after resetting, etc etc) but no joy. 

I was excited, because here I read about connecting to the HPCP1525 network, which I had not seen before. However, when I try to connect with my computer, it freezes and sadness ensues. When I try to connect with my tablet, I get a message that it cannot connect.

Does this mean that there is something wrong with the wireless on this printer? This is my fear, because I didn't contact support during my warranty period (although I have never successfully connected wirelessly to this printer).

I would be very grateful for any help you can give me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.