cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

creating WinXP accessible 5550DN printer on a 2008R2 Print server

HP Recommended

I am trying to move all our printers from a 2003 print server to a 2008 print server, all have gone easily except our 5550DN Colour Laserjet.

Each time I try to connect to it from an XP machine it gives the following message.

"The server for the 'HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v5.6.0)' printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and contact your network administrator or original equipment manufacturer for the correct printer driver."

So, I have downloaded the correct driver from the HP drivers website, but when I click OK to install it it gives the message

"Windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver. Contact your administrator for help locating and installing a suitable driver."

I have also tried installing it on the print server using the "additional Drivers" button on the properties page. Each time it asks for the driver and when I try to  install the X86 drivers it gives the following message.

"The specified location does not contain the driver HP Universal Printing PCL 6(v5.6.0) for the requested processor architecture."

I am at a loss. Does anyone have a procedure for doing this that has worked for them? Particularly with this specific printer?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation