Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

default settings

HP Recommended

In Wi Fi advanced sharing options is network sharing and printer sharing off or on when I baught this PC

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,489
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@robroy2

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I read from your post that Wi-Fi advanced sharing option is network sharing and printer sharing off or on when you bought the PC. I would like to know if your PC has any wifi connectivity issue. 

Let me know the issue (if any) in detail and also mention the exact model no. of your HP PC. This link will help you to locate the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I will wait for your response. Thanks! 🙂

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know those two are not on a default as it sez save changes at the bottom I must click on. I tryed them both ways

and restarted. The problem I'm having is I had to much trust in all my friends. Everyone knew ware the spare key

for my house was.  Ya No  Someone wanted in go ahead. Well,  I think one of them wanted to use my PC. PC might

of bin on I don't know. Now it seemed like my every move was being watched and the only thing I could think of

was that sharing and when I got into the settings they where both on. I'm no computer tech but I would think that

if I wanted to use those settings I would have to go in and turn them on. Maybe I should ask you this. I let someone

in my house with a new PC and he said he wanted to fire it up but could'nt get his phone to hook up so I let him use

my modom and router. Is there a way he could of got in those settings and done something to gain access outside

of my house.  Ya no he had his phone out to. Maybe take pics. or something like the network addresses maybe.

Let me know and,  GOD maybe we can hook up by phone. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic not a PC tech. Think this

is writing alot It's way more intent. GeekSquad gave up and spent 3 hrs. with Just Ask. One said call the law and

the other said get a lawyer. Don't be shy any thing I learn would help. Today I was looking at that logmein.

Thanks     Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,167 2,455
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ robroy2,

I reviewed the post. To simply answer your question about Network and sharing and the router being used by a different person to share your wireless connection. Yes, it is possible if you have given then access to your computer. 

They could have got into the wireless settings of your computer and found the SSID (password to connect your router to their device like a cell phone or tablet and could have used your wifi connection.

To stop this please change your router's wireless SSID (password) by contacting your internet service provider or your router manufacturer.

Also, run comprehensive malware and virus scans on the PC to check if it has been infected with malicious code.

This should take care of thins. But if you still feel that you have some issues, please contact the relevant attorneys or police officials for further assistance.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi   David SMP

I only read the first 6 lines you wrote so far and all I got to say is YES  they are out there. Being a H E Mech. people

in my line, We don't replace parts but figure out the problem that made the machine go down to begine with. Ya No 

Oh boy, I just came to and I'm goin to get cleaned up and see what else ya have to say. I'll be back

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @robroy2,

I would suggest then that you contact the relevant Authorities to help you with the situation. This platform cannot do anything about it.

Thanks and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK    David SMP

I'm back and now I got the ebee gebee's. Just was ready to give up and that's not an option with me. I read the rest and

I'm ready to study what you said and see what I can come up with. Hang with me Dav. I know I'll be back to ask more.

The problem is over. The damage is done on this deal. How you and I met is,   Oh  I'd say about 5% of the big picture. When

I was with GeekSquad on the phone with the dude. About an hr. latter I was gettin to the end.  I said somethin and I heard

two girls gasp and the guys went,   WHAT?    When I called them the first time I said { YOU HEARD EVERYTHING } the man

said YEP  I said make room rite at the top of the board. See what I can do here and I'll be back.      Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DavidSMP

Hay man I'm in the router settings and got a youg man on a vidio tellin how to change that SSID. Should I try it or

call charter and let them? Be back in a bit. Chow time     Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @robroy2,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DavidSMP

Got to know one more thing or I gess 2. First if someone was accessing my PC would there be { anything } out there

that might have recorded these events from a month or two ago. 2nd   When I seen weird activity across the street

I jumped for that router and unpluged it. Ran my cable into the living room and went with ethernet.  Is there anyway

a person could the same thing, Or would they have to be on my side of the modom. Ya No  That's what I said at the

end of the one post. I was looking into LogMeIn. If they got the # off the bottom of the modom or    I dono

Is it safe to use this PC without the router.        Thanks again   Forget your stars I want to fly u here so i can meet you.

Rob

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation