I have had this printer (business use) for less than a month. I have just replaced a cartridge and now I cannot print ANYTHING as its showing an error "depleted cartridges must be replaced before printing" I have just replaced the empty cartridge!!
I have turned off unplugged and reset but now I cannot print! Not at all impressed with this machine, been nothing but problems since we purchased it to be honest!
Please help as I run a business and need my printer working asap!
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I understand that you having trouble printing using your Officejet printer. To isolate the issue further, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.
Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
If the copy comes out fine, then let's try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.
If the copy also not working, then try a power drain on the printer:
· With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
· Remove USB cable, if present.
· Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
· Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
· Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!