cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kimpotski
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

deskjet 3050a j611 and mac os x 10.9

HP Recommended

I just recently got a new mac with os x mavericks. I went through different forum topics but still haven't gotten a clear answer to my question.

I have a deskjet 3050A J611 all-in-one printer. I was able to succesfully set it up for printing. My problem is it won't let me scan.  

It says:

Scanning software for this printer is currently unavailable. Please contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software.

I went to HP's website to see if i could get answers or at least a driver of some sort to install but at their website i'm redirected to make sure i get the latest apple software update. I am fully updated and still nothing!

From what I read, does it seem that both APPLE or HP are working on a fix on this issue? 

Help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,417 31,129 5,366 12,500
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The scanning software is avaialble via Apple's servers.

Click the Apple icon. run software update and install any available update.

If that doesn't help download and install the package below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl907

Scanning can be done via Image Capture, Preview or Pritners & Scanners:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03967506

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
390galaxie
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had some issues with this printer not being able to scan. I can print wirelessly, but can't scan wirelessly. Scanning is only possible when connected to the laptops USB port. I installed the latest drivers. My wireless settings are on but the screen says that it can't find computer. 

0 Kudos
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,168
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there 390galaxie,

Welcome to the ForumsSmiley Happy

I just came across your post and I can see that you are unable to scan wirelessly only through your Mac OS X 10.9. I have looked into this issue for you and have found a very specific guide for this issue, that I recommend you follow. I am hoping this will get you scanning successfully from your Mac.

A 'Computer Not Found,' 'No Computer Detected,' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanni...

(Choose your OS x and Network Connection and follow from there)

I hope this helps!

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
teebee412
Level 1
5 5 0 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! I've had this printer for about 2 years and every time I switch something in the set up, I have to figure out a new way to connect it.   My current setup is a macbook pro, mavericks 10.9, apple time capsule router.  So when I bought an Apple Time Capsule (with no WPS button), everything stopped working.  SO here's what you have to do if you've tried everything else and it hasn't worked:

1.  Turn on the printer's wireless by pushing the button and navigating to the PIN screen

2.  Look in your wireless networks screen and connect to the HP printer

3.  Access your System Preferences>>>Printers & Scanners

4.  Set it up as normal

5.  Once you're done, click "Open Print Queue"

6.  Click "Settings"

7.  HERE'S THE TRICK: Click "Show Printer Webpage"; now you've accessed the printers web-based control panel and you can do everything from here!

8.  Select the network tab

9.  Click "Wireless Setup Wizard" and follow the prompts; give it a few moments to run and you should be home free

10. Celebrate.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation