Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (896 Views)

deskjet 882c will not print - blank page results

[ Edited ]

My inherited Deskjet 882C does not print at all (test page, alignment, head cleaning). The paper passes thru prtr which makes normal sounds but nothing appears. Print cartridges were removed and cleaned manually with paper towel and warm water. I'm running Win XP/SP3.  M/S "Fixit Ctr" ran normally - no problems found.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanx

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (882 Views)

Re: deskjet 882c will not print - blank page results

[ Edited ]

Try gently blotting the printhead on a damp tissue.  Do you get a strong blot of black for the #45 cartridge or three lines of cyan, magenta and yellow for the #23 cartridge?  If not the cartridges are at fault.  In this case soaking the cartridges printhead down in about 1" of very hot water for 10 minutes or so may resolve the issue, at least to the point of being able to print on paper.  In this case a fresh cartridge would resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (859 Views)

The damp paper towel did collect either black or multi-color from corresponding cartridge but printing failed. The black cartridge was soaked in very hot water - almost immediately ink began to flow but when used in the printer the printing failed.

There is no "toolbox" installed (due to lack of CD and inability to download correct file). Are there tests and/or addtl drivers in the toolbox to make it worthwhile trying to install ? Previously alignment check also failed to print anything.

What else can i try ?  Thanx.

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (836 Views)

The problem was fixed by a new cartridge. The helpful suggestions offered seemed to confirm that there was still ink in the cartridge but the new cartridge began printing immediately so i'm not completely certain what exactly was wrong with the old ones (b&w and color).  It seems unusual that both would run dry at the same time.

Thanx to all who posted - your input is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation