Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

deskjet f2180

HP Recommended

my scanner wont scan on plain paper, only onto photo paper and very slow at that,

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make sure that you are not selecting photo paper as the paper type for copies.  The buttons look really close together so it may have been changed by mistake.  Here is a document that walks you through copying and shows you images of the button icons to make sure you have everything set right.  If this does not help, let me know.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer still only print using photo paper symbol,and prints very slow, when i go to scan using plain paper symbol, it goes thro the motions but doesnt print ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try doing a hard reset.

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the back of the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect everything and turn the printer back on.

Doing the hard reset should clear up any settings that are stuck.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need to give tech support a call and see if there are any other resets that can be done.  If you are out of warranty they may have to charge you for service.  For U.S. call 1-800-474-6836 and for international users, click here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation