cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
helphp1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

does not fax or print (showing a message: the print carriage cannot move.open the ink cartridge

HP Recommended
hp officejet 4630
Chrome OS

message on the printer:

the print carriage cannot move.open the ink cartridge access door,clear any paper jam or obustruction ensure ink cartridge levers are lowered and snapped into place.

tried and checked everything still no results cannot fax print scan.need help please

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HevnLgh
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 398 989
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @helphp1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you are getting an error message on your HP Officejet 4630. It is asking you to close the access door, you have checked inside the printer and are still seeing the error message.

Make sure you have not missed any steps listed here:'Door Open' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel

If you still see the error, please check your inbox. I have gone ahead and sent you Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation