Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gloria7846 Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

download driver on mac 10.7.4 for HP Laserjet 1000

just bought an HP Laserjet 1000 and getting error message that reads: installation for 10.6 or lower' and I have a MAC OS 10.7.4. how do I get the driver to load in?

15 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
22639 4078 8519
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As an older model the HP LaserJet 1000 no longer supported on Mac OO X 10.7 as you may find listed below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

Actually this model does not support any Macintosh operating system at all, therefore I found your information quite confusing..

May it be another product name? (e.g. Deskjet 100)

Will appriciate your clarification.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4755 203 621
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

namnamak,

Are you also having similar issues?

If so, I would recommend that you download the driver through Apple Software Update. 

Before we do that, we want to uninstall any incompatible software you may have installed on your computer by running the HP Uninstaller located under Applications > HP or the Hewlett-Packard folder.

After you do that, we will want to download the drivers. The drivers for your product are available through Apple Software Update.

Before you do anything, temporarily unplug the printer's USB cord from either the printer or the computer. Next, check for any available HP Update's by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update.

If any update could not be retrieved, download the full HP Printer Drivers v.2.14 from Apple:

Once you have completed the installation you will want to plug your printer back in. After the printer is plugged back in, go into your print settings under System Preferences > Print & Scan. To add the printer, click the plus sign. You should see your printer listed here. Select it. If underneath the printer you see "Use:”.  Make sure that says the name of your printer and not AirPrint. Click Add down in the bottom right hand corner.

Best of luck,

Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
namnamak Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laserjet 1000 printer driver for win7 I am looking for someone to help me
If I do not get out to go to Google Translate

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4755 203 621
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What kind of issue are you having namnamak?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
machpme Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi im running 10.8.4, and I just followed your instructions.  I got a bunch of new driver's from the install but I can't find the one "hp LaserJet 1000 series."   Is it availalbe for me?  I tried a few other drivers but none were werking.  Thxxx

Jmacs Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am running mac osx 10.8.4. Followed the instruction, however the HP lazer Jet 1000 series is NOT listed in the available drivers.  Its near identicle to the 1200 but the drivers for that wont work.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
machpme Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This probably a planned obsolescence. These companies are the worst for giving consumers a quality long lasting product. They're more concerned about our wallets, and at the dire cost of the planet's environment. Shame on HP. I will never ever buy your product at a retail price, and i will do whatever I can to make sure this printer can be used by someone rather than having someone potentially buy another HP printer, and I will always slag the company image. Fix this HP if you are reading, or lets hear your spurious response.
0 Kudos
TrufflePig Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well there seem to a number of HP1000 LaserJet owners that have upgraded their computers but found their older 1000 series printer still functions well and wish to continue using it with OS 10 Mountain Lion. Like the others I am frustrated at the prospect of investing in a new printer because HP no longer supports the driver. Is there a fix to this? Perhaps using a similar but not perfectly compatible driver for a like HP printer? Please reply.
0 Kudos
donthomaso Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have successfully installed my Hp Laserjet 1000 printer on Mac OS Mavericks with a workaround i luckily got.

This should also work with the 1005/1018/1020 printers as well.

Here is the link:

xttp://uploaded.net/file/2m6m1ftu

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation