cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
louteranna
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

driver for envy 4520 with OS 10.6.8

HP Recommended

Where can i find driver for HP printer ENVy 4520 all in one printer for OS X 10.6.8, thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 418
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @louteranna,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are tying to connect an HP Envy 4520 to your Apple computer running OS 10.6.8. I would like to help.

I went to hp.com and checked the available drivers. The software is only available for OS 10.8 and later. You will have to install the printer using Apple Software Update.

(Great time to click on accepted solution)

The following link will assist with installing the printer.

Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

(^That's at least worth a Kudos)

If you need additional assistance please let me know. I will be happy to help.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
scuba44
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought an hp envy 4520 and it works fine with my macbook pro on OS X 12. However for my old macbook using snow leopard (OS X 10.6.8), I could not find a printer driver. So I downloaded the printer driver for HP Envy 4500 which worked with 10.6.8 and installed it on my old macbook. I downloaded it here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1770?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US. I then went to system preferences and added the HP envy 4520 printer to the list of printers and selected the printer driver for the HP Envy 4500 which appeared in the list of drivers after I installed it. Now here is the good part: IT WORKED WITH THE HP ENVY 4520!!! I was able to print from the computer. Just be sure your computer and printer are on the same network.

mommissan
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this. I also just purchased an HP Envy 4520 and ran into the same issues with two macs running on 10.6.8. Your links saved me so much time in research. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation