cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SeeCwriter
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

envy 5660 quit printing

HP Recommended
envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been using an envy 5660 for about 5-months. It's connected to my network via wireless connection, no USB cable. I have 4 Windows 10 computers that are on my home network and when I first installed the printer everything worked great. All PCs were able to print. One by one over the last several months, all the PCs have been unable to print. My PC was last to be unable to print. And it happened today.

I've power cyled the printer many times. There are no error messages, no error codes,  no blinking lights, no red lights. The wireless blue light is on solid. The printer says it's connected to my network and it has a valid IP address.

When I click on the print button of a Word document, for example, it goes through the motions of printing, in that a pop-up appears showing a percent complete bar as it sends the doucment to the printer, when the bar fills to 100% the pop-up disappears. But there is no printer icon the system tray.

I went to the HP Support website. It was suggested that I install an HP Support application that is supposed to diagnose the problem. I downloaded and installed it, then ran it. It said it had no recommendations, and listed a bunch of sotware and drivers. Did that mean I was suppose to install them???  So I install the first software package which said it was the complete software and drivers for all the features of the envy 5660. It forced me to to go through the brand new printer setup scenario all over again and create a new account to activate the printer. During the activation process I'm suppose to click a test print button (which I do) to print something that is suppose to have a printer ID on it that I am suppose to enter into some field to be able to activate the printer.  The printer won't print.  So I go to the printer and check the eprint setting. It's enabled (what a surprise!).  So I print an eprint page from the printer's screen.  It prints that out, but there is no printer ID number that I can see. There is only the printer's email address.  Is that supposed to be the ID number???

Even after all of that the printer still won't print.

I have not installed any new hardware on the network or on any of the PCs. The only software that's been installed on any of the PCs in the last 5-months is whatever has been is installed by the Microsoft Update service, which can't be stopped under Windows 10.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please try the below steps...

1. Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools
  2. Try printing. If issue still persists, perform the below steps.
  3. Uninstall the existing printer software from  Programs and Features.
  4. Restart the PC.
  5. Check for any Windows Update. If available, install only Important Updates.
  6. Restart the PC
  7. Please download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard from www.hp.com/go/tools
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
SeeCwriter
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The print and scan doctor seems to have solved the problem. It said it found some issues and fixed them. But didn't say what the issue was.  

It's interesting that it found 2 envy 5660 printers. One had the IP address of the one I own, the other had a different IP.   Could that mean that a neighbor has the same printer model and I'm sending documents to his printer?

0 Kudos
jc004
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recently bought a envy 5660 printer from local outlet and a print job is locked in queue, I have fowlled all delete proceedures and have investigated your help page.  Anything I have done will not release the print job from queue and I am unable to print anything.  I have printed out all diagnostics I can find and my printer is fine.  I am currently leaving it unplugged for 20 minutes but am pretty sure that is not the ans.  I am very reluctant to engage in a  indepth diagnostic proceedure provided by your web site as I am not savy about the tech behind computers and do not want to do more damage than is already apparent.

I simply need simple instructions as to how to realease the print job from my print qeue and be able to resume printing.

Rem. I have already used all delete proceedures both in printer and document tabs to no avail.

Jc004

0 Kudos
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Have you tried HP Print & Scan Doctor ? If No, then please download and run it  from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

0 Kudos
jc004
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have run diagnoistics and unplugged my printer over night, the document in queue will not delete.  I read all the instructions in your aids for help and there must be something a tech dummy can do to realease the document from queue and I have not taken the printer out of service and returned it to service as of yet.  Nothing is worng with my printer.  I simply have a document locked in queue that I can not get rid of.  I understand that this is not uncommon and I am in hopes you have fix for the problem that does not include me having to spend a couple hundred dollars for a computer doctor.

jcoo4

0 Kudos
LisaBee1
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having issues with my Envy as well. All had been fine for about 2 years- now I have a new computer running W10 (64) so I came to HP & installed the newest software & drivers for my Envy 5660. It prints sporadically - every once in a while, a file will get stuck. I did the Scan Doctor thing and it told me to uninstall my software & reinstall the Full Feature - which I did (several times) - didn't help. Then I did a search and think maybe it's McAffee controlling my firewall that came with the new laptop - I will see if disabling that helps. 🙂

0 Kudos
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,410 6,384 513 1,113
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Regards,
Jabzi

0 Kudos
DennisTye
3 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the fact that i have to jump through hoops to make this thing work is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation