cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kenofstoke
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

eprint emails accepted but not printed.

HP Recommended

When I send an eprint email it is acknowledged by hp, accepted as pending into the print queue but does not print. An error warning is present constantly next to printer name on eprintcentre screen saying 'not connected' although I have no trouble printing documents from my own pc.

HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910a

Windows 7 64-bit

Dell laptop.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kenofstoke,

Make sure that the printer is showing the same email address as ePrint center is showing. Power cycle the printer and check if it shows online.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
kenofstoke
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did not work. When I asked printer for email address ikt tried for about 5 minutes and then returned to main screen. How do I reset printer email address?

0 Kudos
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kenofstoke,

Step one: Disable Web Services

1. On the HP product control panel, touch the ePrint icon ( ), and then touch Setup. The Web Services Menu displays
  2. Touch ePrint, and then touch Off.
  3. Touch Apps, and then touch Off.
  4. Exit back to the main screen, and continue with next step (Enable Web Services)

Step two: Enable Web Services

Follow these steps to enable Web Services on your HP product.

IMPORTANT : Web Services must be enabled on your HP product in order to use the ePrint service. If Web Services is disabled, ePrint will not work.

1. On the HP product control panel, touch the ePrint icon ( ), and then touch Setup . The Web Services Menu displays.
  2. Touch ePrint , and then touch On .
  3. Touch Apps , and then touch On .

NOTE:Make sure that both ePrint and Apps are set to On .

The HP product prints an information page. The information page contains a printer code that you will use to register your HP product at ePrintCenter in the next step.

If ePrint and Apps were already set to On , then Web Services is already enabled. Touch Printer Email Address to print an information page (that contains the printer code), and then continue to Step three to register at HP ePrintCenter.

Step three: Register at HP ePrintCenter

At HP ePrintCenter, you can manage your print jobs, browse apps, and change your ePrint settings. After you register at ePrintCenter, your HP product's unique email address will be provided to you.

Follow these steps to register at ePrintCenter.

1. Go to ePrintCenter , and then click Sign In . The Sign In to ePrintCenter window opens.
  2. In the Sign In to ePrintCenter window, click Sign Up to create a new account. The Sign Up for an ePrintCenter account window opens.
  3. Enter your information in the text fields, and then click Sign Up . The Add a Printer to your Account window opens.
  4. In the Enter Printer Code text box, type the printer code found on the information page that you printed in the previous step.
  5. Click OK . The You have successfully added your printer window opens.

NOTE:Keep this window open, and then continue to the next step to customize your product's email address (optional).

Step four: Customize your printer's email address (Optional)

The ePrint system generates a unique email address for your product, but you can change this email address to one that is easier to remember.

Follow these steps to customize your product's email address.

NOTE:If you do not want to customize the email address now, you can choose to customize it at any time. To customize the email address, go to the ePrintCenter Printers page, and then click Change next to your product's email address.

1. On the You have successfully added your printer window, click Setup . The Customize Printer Email Address window opens.
  2. Enter an email address in the dialog box. The email can be 6 to 30 characters, and can be a combination of letters, numbers, an underscore, and up to two dots.
  3. Click Check . The ePrintCenter system checks if the email address is available.
  • If the email address is available, click Save .
  • If the email address is not available, try to check for another email address, or click one of the suggested addresses, and then click Save .
I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
kenofstoke
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry but still not working. ePrint and Apps are both set to 'on'. I am already registered with email for eprint.

When I touch 'Print email address' on printer screen it tries to connect for several minutes then returns to main menu and nothing prints. I have tried rebooting, switch off, etc. but no luck.

email address shows on eprintcentre screen on laptop. This is correct. Message on same screen says 'not connected'. but I can print from laptop direct to printer no problem. (wireless connection), so I assume there is a problem with eprint only.

0 Kudos
Nomadics
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, I have the same issue than you... have you figured it out, yet? non of the 'suggestions' seem to work.. Good luck, I am waiting for some help, too... Nomadics

0 Kudos
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kenofstoke,

It appears we are having some technical issue with the ePrint services today. Please try my steps again later today or tomorrow.

I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Nomadics
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

at least with my issue (nomadics), it is ongoing since Monday, so it could not be just an issue of today. I am travelling on business  and the office cannot print my e-mails since Monday, so this is really difficult to handle for me, I thought i can rely on the e-print service. Please let me know what to do from the road, I cannot access the printer right now... Thank you, Nomadics

0 Kudos
pcwizard
Level 13
Level 13
12,147 11,469 966 2,938
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you email the documents in the mean time

I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Nomadics
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no, the only connection to the office is with the e-printer, there is no computer in the office, nor anywhere near it.... and this is not the point. The point is that I am relying on an HP product to function and it is not functioning and the non-functioning is creating a lot of difficulties for me. I need to know if there is anything I can do from the road to solve this issue.. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation