cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

eprint from iPad to C309m - printing a web page

HP Recommended

I have installed eprint on my iPad2.  If I try to print from a web page that I access directly using the "print" button from the drop down menu at the top of the iPad, nothing happens on my C309m.  But if I am on hp.com on my iPad and change the URL from hp.com to, say, Time.com, then the page will print out fine on my C309m.  Also Photos from my photo library print okay.

Is there some adjustment I need to make in eprint app, on the iPad or on the printer?

Thank you in advance for your help.  I am truly at the end of my limited knowledge.

John

Raleigh NC

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To clarify, are you using the ePrint app or Airprint to try and print the webpage? When using the ePrint app, the print option is listed at the bottom of the screen in the right corner. Airprint would give a print option in the top left corner as you mention in your post, and that print button, if grayed out, would not allow the print job to occur. If the print button is navy in color, it would be working. Looking at this document here AirPrint is not an option for a C309 printer, but is available on the C310 printer. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your note.  I should have made my question more clear.  I installed eprint and was trying to print using it, not Airprint.  When I am on hp.com on the iPad and change the URL from hp.com to the web page I want, I can print the page when it comes up.  There is a print button in the lower right hand corner of the iPad screen. 

But if I use Safari or Google to go to a webpage, there is no print button in the lower right hand corner.  If I make the next best choice, clicking the drop down menu at the top and clicking "print" at the bottom of the list, nothing happens.  So it seems as if eprint only works when there is a connection through hp.com.  That arrangement - - using hp.com as a pseudo browser - - is too cumbersome for the long term.

I appreciate that a C309m is a bit old and may simply be outside of the iPad universe.

Do any of the non-branded iPad apps such as PrintCentral do a better of job of integrating with older printers?

Thanks.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response jweist. One would have to use the browser provided by the ePrint app.  There should be a tab titled "Web", click on that icon and then type the site that one is wanting to visit and then bring up the content that one is wanting and then select the print option, it will give a preview and then after one has reviewed the preview one can select the print option again and proceed with print the content from the page.  The print option would not be available in any other browser.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation