Note on archived topics.
11-26-2013 10:00 PM
I have got a photosmart b109a but when i try to print or scan from my laptop it says general printer error 0x6101bef, but i can copy and print photo's using just the printer.
11-27-2013 07:45 AM
Hi there, have you tried doing a product reset? Here's how to do one:
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.NOTE:The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next step.NOTE:If your printer does not have a display, wait until the cartridge lights blink. If the cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to the next step.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ().
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product.
- Try printing again.Hope this information helps resolve your problem.Best
I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
07-12-2015 09:55 AM - edited 07-12-2015 10:27 AM
I've repeatedly gotten error message: 0x6101bef. I've tried rebooting: router, printer, computer. I've following the recommended sequence that has me remove ink cartridges and replace. No luck. Any other ideas before i give up and buy another (not HP) printer?