Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HC01 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error E3 on my HP laserjet M1132 MFP printer

I have put in two new cartridges and I still get error E3.

I have checked not paper jam etc.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums HC01,

I see by your post that tried 2 toners and are still getting a error E3.
I can help you with this issue today.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

Make sure there isn't a piece of paper pulled part way in from the paper tray blocking the sensor.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product and verify that the sealing tape has been removed and the orange packing material.
2. Check the memory chip for damage.
3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge.

Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.
4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner.

Try cleaning the contacts.

Use a pencil eraser & clean the contacts on top of the toner,

Then slowly insert the toner and look on the left hand side, you will see a black plastic piece flip up to meet with the toner, before it meets the toner you will see 2 contacts sticking out of the black plastic piece, use the pencil eraser to also clean it to see if that resolves the issue.

Try the old Toner to see if it is still recognized.

Are you using Genuine HP Toners?

If you are still having the same issue then most likely it is a hardware issue with the printer. I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you. Contact HP Worldwide.

Have a nice day.
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
One-step Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have just installed three new catridge or Toner but i still have a problems it reading catridge empty, please what can i do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @One-step,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I understand that the toners are not being recognized. I would be happy to help you. 

Did you try the steps in the previous post with the same results?

Are you using Genuine HP Toners?

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation