Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
grkainz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 252

i have an officejet 4500 G510g-m all in one and it will ot answer on its own I have to answer manually I also get an error 252 can anyone tell me what setting I have to change. I also have message manager hooked to the same line thanks

3 REPLIES
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
133 9 25
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 252

Thing that have worked for me whe faxing is turning down your fax speed, and turning off Error Correction Mode (ECM) and retry the fax. This call be done under the setup menu.

let me know if this works

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own thoughts.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with Accept as Solution if it solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Top Student hplamont Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error code 252

Hello grkainz,

I researched the error code 252 that you're getting and it basically means that the telephone line conditions were too poor to receive a fax. Here are some possible solutions:

• Retry the fax reception at a later time when line conditions might have improved.
  • Configure the machine to start reception at a lower speed. (from the front panel of your printer, Touch setup>f ax settings>fax speed>change fax speed to slow
  • If the local machine received several pages of a larger document successfully, ask the remote user to send the document in several smaller parts. I hope that you will find this to be helpful.                                                                                                                                              
  • Although i work for HP, my replies are my own and i am not an official spokesperson
    0 Kudos
    grkainz Honor Student
    Honor Student
    2 0 0
    Message 4 of 4
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

error code 252

Thanks for the reply . I had the speed set at 14400 but wil set it lower . the error correction was off

but I will try it again tomorrow and see if it will work. I was able to send a fax but could not get a reply.

the reply would not come in at all or if it did it was not complete or come in as a page with a few

lines on it but nothing readable. I got in touch with my phone company and they did some testing

and told me everything was fine. thanks again for the reply.I called hp toll free and talked to someone

in Calcutta for a couple of hours and never was any smarter, to bad you can not talk to a person that is

easier to understand and can understand you better these days but I guess that every company is

trying to save money these days  Thanks again I will try your sugestions and if they dont work will be

back in the future.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
    If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation