Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (2,254 Views)

error message 0xc18a0001 appears - will not print from computer. HELP!

Need Help!!!  HP Photosmart C7280 all in one printer has a message on the printer reading "refer to printer documentation-error 0xc18a0001.   I do not know what to do.   The printer was working great and then all of a sudden this came up and it stopped printing from my computer.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 9 (2,250 Views)

Re: error message 0xc18a0001 appears - will not print from computer. HELP!

[ Edited ]

Hi - Try following the steps in this document to address that issue.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (2,249 Views)

I am having the same error message on my printer.  I followed the steps and continue to have the same problem.  My printer is making a grinding sound that suggests a mechanical problem. Any suggestions?

Associate Professor
Message 4 of 9 (2,246 Views)

Hi - I wish I had better news, but if you've followed the steps in the doc and it doesn't resolve the problem, it typically means the printer is going to require service.

Sorry, wish I had better news....

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 9 (2,244 Views)

Thanks that helps. Would you recommend that I just buy a new printer?
Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (2,239 Views)

This is a questions I was going to ask also.  Should I just buy a new printer or repair this one???

Associate Professor
Message 7 of 9 (2,231 Views)

Hi - You can check on the cost of repair, but with the relatively low cost of printers these days, in many cases it is just cheaper to buy a new printer, which would likely offer some improvement in quality or functionality.  The good news is that there is a coupon code at the right side of the screen that would offer you a discount if you decide to purchase another printer.

I am an HP employee.
Intern
Message 8 of 9 (2,224 Views)

Hi,

Here are some solutions to solve this error code:

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.fr/2008/11/error-hp-oxc18a0001.html

Good luck !

Student
Message 9 of 9 (1,999 Views)

Re: Re: HP C7280 Ink System Failure by Terry Richardson (9/4/08 6:40 AM) reply +5 + / -I found this on the web and it worked on my C7280 (today 01/10/2012) - ard Fernando. Many thanks to the chap who posted this in 2008!

"

{ just had this exact issue with my C7280. I called HP Tech support, got a body in Bangalore or someplace, and was pleasantly surprised that they were prompt and knowledgeable, and solved the issue very quickly after transferring my call one time to a hardware support expert.

Here are the details. Got the Ink System Failure message. The error code shows was '0xc18a0005'. The tech had me press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both. Then he had me enter '123' to enter maintenance mode. He then had me press the right arrow (beside the OK button) until System Config. menu appeared on panel. Then pressed OK two times to clear the error condition, then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu. Then powered off and back on, printed a test page just fine, copied a document fine.}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation