cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bc2ej
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message C00E0060 on my officejet Pro 8500A Premium printer

officjet pro 8500A premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI, 

Error code C00E0060 appears on discplay screen brieflky then change to blank display with the icon lights blinking.  Powering on and off the printer won't do anything.  Can't figure out any solution. I'm not able to use of the printer functions. I'd appreciate any solution you can share me.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1,040 978 54 103
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error message C00E0060 on my officejet Pro 8500A Premium printer

Welcome @bc2ej

I saw your post regarding the problems you are having with your Officejet Pro 8500A premium getting an Error code C00E0060, and I found some information about it.

The error you are describing could be an issue with an ink cartridge or with the printer. To narrow down and determine which is having trouble can you try the following an let me know the results;

• Remove all of the ink cartridges, does the message change to 'Replace the (K) (C) (M) (Y) Ink Cartridge'?
  • Put only the black ink in,  does the message change to'Replace the (C) (M) (Y) Ink Cartridge'?
  • Remove the black and put only one colour ink in,  does the message change to reflect the change?
  • Remove the colour, and test each one individually. 

When you have the ink cartridges removed, you might want to try a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the back of the printer. While it is unplugged, you can hold down the power button on the printer for about 10-15 seconds to release any built up power. Then plug the printer back in and see if the error goes away.

If the error message doesn't change when you do any of the above steps, it would mean that it is a fatal error with hardware, as mentioned in this similar post; Error Code C00E0060.

Is the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or a power bar? We want to connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause. See this document for more information about Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector (Note: This document is not limited to Laserjet printers.)

Please let me know if these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation